At times you need to host a party, a wedding, birthday, galas or even organize team building events at work. The pressure to host the most perfect event is always there. That’s the reason why having a professional event planner is important. Below are some steps to getting the best event planner.
- Define the goals of the events by listing the who, what, when, where, why and how of the event.
- Determine why you need an event planner by listing the services or activities to the event you want them to handle.
- Set a budget based on the type of the event and what you want to it to include.
- Find a qualified event planner based on their experience and reputation. You can do this through the national and local chapters of professional affiliations, hotels or the local chambers of commerce.
- Interview three event planners focusing on their expertise and experience. Provide them with details of your event so that they can contextualize it. Meet the potential planners so as to assess your compatibility with them and also consider the opinion of friends and colleagues.
- Each of the planners should then present you with a plan of the event. Take the planner that adds most value to your event based on the budget that you presented.
- Get the total costs and terms of the planner. It is advisable to have a legal counsel evaluate the contracts before signing.
- Work with the planner selected but also make direct confirmations with the parties such as venues and suppliers engaged by the planner.
- Have a backup option which you can take in case the planner fails you and you fire them.
One of the biggest event planning companies in NYC is Twenty Three Layers. It was founded by Jessica Boskoff who is also its CEO. It is made of professionals in the event planning industry such as Sarah Freedman and Lindsay Hayden. Twenty Three Layers brings together brilliant and creative minds that will make you event fabulous. Next time you want event planners in NYC, reach out to Twenty three Layers and your event will remain on everyone’s lips.